[olug] OT: xinetd/cvs question.

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:58:08 UTC 2009

I need to appeal to the wisdom of the masses.

I have this problem where I work, I know I am grateful to have work.
Our cvs system has grown out of control. We are up to something like 300+
repositories. SVN/GIT/ETC... are not an option yet.

As you might have already guessed, my "--allow-root=" is way outta hand. I
have already replaced the 'server' parameter with script, but I would really
like to just pass in a variable to the server_args.

Here's the question I can't seem to find an answer to:

Without (re)writing code, can one grab the cvs root from the request coming
into the xinetd process and assign it to a variable that could then be
passed into the cvs parameters?

Any ideas?

--Andy