[olug] OO.o a threat to MS? 8)

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:51:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Craig Wolf <CJWolf at mpsomaha.org> wrote:

> You can get from Brainstorminc.com 8 x 11 flash tri-fold quick start cards
> for Writer, Calc, and Impress that are REALLY nice.  I just bought a few
> sets for myself and for customers as I set them up with OO.o.  If I had a
> lab that I could do it in, I would consider teaching some basic classes
> after business hours.  I am by NO means an expert but I am competent enugh
> to get someone up and functional while showing them where to go for more
> help if needed.

All a great step in the right direction.  I realize big instructional
institutions have no reason to teach OO.o if no businesses use it ... and
businesses have a slight PITA switching to it if their employees aren't
trained in it (chicken/egg)...  but I do think the quick start cards and
people willing to offer after-business hour classes is great.  Now all ya
need is some students to teach hehehehe.

I do wish OO.o would take off and gain more ground :/

-Will