[olug] trouble

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 14:14:58 UTC 2009

yeah, some wireless and video hardware don't work (or don't fully work)
until you install a provided driver and reboot. not a deal breaker as far as
i'm concerned. it's usually a matter of ubuntu not installing proprietary
drivers by default. i think there is an option in the text installer that
will eliminate this issue, but i just do it post-install.

it (8.04 --> 9.10) installs flawlessly on most of my hardware from my PII
450MHz VCR to my AMD X2 64-bit dual core laptop.

luke, i'm not sure what issue you might be having with your installs, but
you have a great resource here on OLUG, and there is a huge communtiy in the
ubuntu forums always willing to help.

wishing you all had a great holiday,

-j