[olug] Eee netbooks

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 23:14:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com>wrote:

> [snipped]
> I think the wifi kill switch is just a bad idea. If you're not plugged
> into a power cable, then you're likely not plugged into an ethernet
> cable either. These are called NETBOOKS, and have the primary purpose
> of connecting to the internet. Killing internet connection to save
> battery seems counter intuitive.
> [snipped]

TJ - having a switch for the ability to turn on & off WiFi is a good thing,
depending on the environment you work in. Lets just say there are places
that if you were unable to turn WiFi off via hardware, then the WiFi card
would have to be removed.

Would you want your netbook bridging two networks (wired & some unknown
wireless)?