[olug] Upgrade/password issues on Mandriva

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 03:31:33 UTC 2009

No such luck as root, either.  The partition for home is the larger one, and is mostly empty (I originally set him up for being able to install/download to his heart's content).
I just talked him through a livecd boot with Mandriva 2009.0 instead of 2009.1; it seems to be working, although we'll see what happens after updates are installed.
I suspect it could be something like a corrupted file from the DVD media 2010 was installed on, although there were no errors reading from it during the install process.

 I ran the Harry Potter books through a spell checker; none of those spells should work.