[olug] Open Source Time Clock Systems?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:27:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM,  <aric at omahax.com> wrote:
> It would need to have barcode readers for manufacturing employees to say
> yabadabadoo when the whistle blows.
>
> How proprietary are Kronos 400 Series 480f time clocks?  There are many of
> them on ebay, I am wondering if anyone has reverse engineered them to dump
> useful data.
>

> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:23:07 -0600, Jay Swackhamer <Jay at RebootTheUser.com>
> wrote:
>> How about a browser-based timeclock?
>>
>> something like:
>> http://timeclock.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php

ttG HandPunch GT-400 with Ethernet
Linux Based
i believe barcode is an option, but the idea is that a camera scans
their handshape to identify people.  Less big brotherish than
fingerprints.

i would send you my list of sf.net time clock projects, but i have not
retrieved those bookmarks from my shell account.
i set up TimeTrex.sf.net  but you are supposed to pay to get hardware
interfaces.