[olug] Triple-output video card.

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 02:14:24 UTC 2009

--- On Sat, 12/12/09, Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us> wrote:

> From: Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us>
> Subject: Re: [olug] Triple-output video card.
> To: "Omaha Linux User Group" <olug at olug.org>
> Date: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 7:49 PM
> Using fancy tricks to make 6 displays
> look like one is quite a bit
> different from 6 individual displays.

Well, maybe I'm dense, but on the ATI product page:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity.aspx

at the bottom they describe "Display Group" vidually.  The last scenerio, "2x2 Display Group Plus 2 Extended" sure looks like 2x2 "Single display spanning a 2x2 array of monitors" plus 2 separate independent monitors.  Similarly, the "3x1 Display Group Plus 3 Extended" looks like a single display spanning 3 monitors plus 3 separate independent monitors.

I cannot figure out what an extended monitor is unless it is independent of the others.

True, not 6 independent displays, but 4 with the ability of spanning one of them across multiple monitors.

Kevin D. Snodgrass