[olug] Win 7 and Samba

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:27:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I'm using openSUSE 11.2, but I wonder if they're having the same
> problem. Both would likely be using a very new build of Samba 3.x

i just read a posting to the samba list about an OpenSuse 11 (or was
it Suse?) user setting up a samba server that lower case user names
could logon, but not mixed case or something to that effect.  This
mixed case username problem did not occur on his Ubuntu system.

 i haven't found smb.conf to be easy with all the different options.
So when i win the lottery, i am converting all Linux config files to
XML with 3 XSLT files corresponding to 3  levels of strictness from
novice to LetsLetTheAdminDoAnything.  Self documenting.  testparm is
builtin.  Experienced users would hate me (until they find the plain
text XSLT), but Grandma would love me and that is what counts.   i
plan on still doing this when i am 95, so i need to plan on working
with the alzheimers instead of against it.