[olug] Prove your NIC / OS / Network Switch Performance

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 03:14:05 UTC 2009

None of us agree on which network switches give us the most bang for
the buck.  Just look at previous long exchanges of vendorA stinks vs
vendorB is great vs vendorC is great but too expensive.  The reality
is that network performance depends on many factors besides the
switch.  The nic os/driver for one.  Cable quality, distance, and
bundling another.  Back up your claims of network nads with metrics.
Show flashy graphs.

iPerf, jPerf, netPerf are projects intended to stress test individual
network connections and when done simultaneously, the network as a
whole.  i have used i && j Perf on Lin and Win.

Fwd: [netperf-talk] Netperf.org back online - at least partially - and
will be down again December 1st