[olug] Installing multiple linux distros...

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Wed Aug 5 18:07:07 UTC 2009

The version of grub for centos wouldnt boot with the default UUID
kernel lines from ubuntu. I didnt look further than that and just
added the centos lines to the ubuntu conf.

That way kernel upgrades from ubuntu worked without tweaking, and the
boot conf just needs to be copied from the cento /boot/grub/grub.conf
after a kernel update.

The centos install was only an issue with new hardware support since
the kernel revision is behind. You will manually have to update
nic/audio/video drivers for centos if you have newer hardware (< about
a year old).

--
Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User