[olug] Virtualization Questions

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 03:26:01 UTC 2009

Boss is talking about moving me to a new machine and a Windows platform...yuck!

I'd rather use the machine circa 2002? 2000? with linux than a new one with (Shudder) Vista.

Unfortunately the site I need to view only uses IE 6 or newer and Windows Media Player.

I have Crossover on the machine (as well as WINE) but I cannot get IE 6 to display the Windows Media Player video (ActiveX control error)

Using IE 6 and Windows Media Player 9.0

How can I configure IE 6 to allow ActiveX through Crossover or WINE?

That's why I was thinking I'd need to have a Virtual Machine.

I haven't had a chance to try the other suggestions given.

Thanks,

Joe