[olug] OT: Nokia IP530 problem

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Aug 4 02:46:16 UTC 2009

Is it always the same two? Or does the link light "move"?

Under Linux you can use "mii-tool ethX" or "ethtool ethX" to show the
current speed/duplex of an interface.  Does BSD/pfSense have a tool
like that?

IIRC, when I installed pfSense on my home system, the initial setup
screen showing my NICs showed an asterisk ("*") behind the ports that
had link.  Can you boot from the pfSense install CD and see what it
shows?

DanL

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 16:25, Cheyenne Deal<deal.cheyenne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having a bit of a problem with some Nokia IP530's that I am selling. I
> have noticed with all of the units only 2 out of the 4 interfaces
> show/actually link with whats connected to them. I have tried all what the
> people on the pfsense forums and irc have told me but I keep ending up with
> only back to square one. I am offering a bounty of a unit and a free beer or
> something for someone to help me with the problem, I have some units that
> people can mess around with. If anyone is wanting to help please let me
> know.
>
> Thanks,
> Cheyenne

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from
the Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)