[olug] "I remember when..."

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:07:27 UTC 2009

Yeah, yeah!  Well, Babbage got his first prototype from me!  (I kid,
but I'm always worried that these discussions will lead to a pissing
content of geek cred.)

We have a C64 family computer when I was a kid, but my first computer
of my own was a 286 TURBO AT model.  I believe the turbo button jumped
the computer up to a lightning fast 6 megahertz.  I had a 1200 baud
modem that I adored.

All this discussion of community projects (like the colocation
project) and old-school geeks here has got me thinking we should
perhaps consider putting together a Synchronet BBS on a Linux box.  I
don't know if anyone here still has licenses for old door games, but
some of them have gone freeware, and some of us might be willing to
chip in a few bucks to buy licenses for the few that aren't freeware.

I do miss the BBS days.

-- T. J.