[olug] Point of Sale/Bookkeeping cross-platform?

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 4 19:16:57 UTC 2009

Thanks for suggestions so far.  I know I'm asking a lot from any programmer, but I'm hoping to find something that's cross-platform.  It'e easy for me to build a cash register and server both running Linux.   A couple of older PCs can run what I need that way.
but the big catches (if it can be done) include ease of use (so I can train people tu run the registers) and the ability to access the software without rebooting (whether I'm in Linux or Windows).
I don't mind spending some money on it, it's the question of not spending lots more on Windows licenses for server and/or client.  (I'll also be running an off-site backup server).

 I ran the Harry Potter books through a spell checker; none of those spells should work.