[olug] Open source project contributors.

John Serafino programmingmoney at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 03:34:05 UTC 2009

Well, I ran an open source project for awhile.
I was working on a text-based adventure game called "Tadpole".
I didn't have any "professional experience", but the project went quite well.
Unfortunately, I ended up orphaning it.  ;(

But I was also a tester for the D2D map editor.
Pretty much all I had to do, was download and run it, then send in
bug reports.

Overall, I'd say it was a great experience.
And you don't really need professional experience, to contribute.

--
-John

John 15:13: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down
his life for his friends."