[olug] [OT] IT degrees

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 02:39:22 UTC 2009

Sounds like what you need is a portfolio. Something that says "here's
what I have done, now imagine what I can do for you." Coming straight
out of college, I was told that it should include the following(in
this order):
1)resume
2)degree
3)transcript
4)program description, possibly printed off the website
5)classes, possible same source
6)work samples.
Going into a job interview, I would expand it to include:
7)a copy of the cover letter you sent them (if any)
8)a copy of the job posting
9)thank you notes
10)networking info(the human kind: contacts, friends, etc)

It sounds like you have a good deal of experience already, so the
order(or inclusion) might change significantly. But that's the basics
of what you'll need.