[olug] [OT] IT degrees

John Hobbs john at velvetcache.org
Thu Apr 2 22:46:38 UTC 2009

Will Langford wrote:
> A CS degree is toilet paper IMHO.

Amen Will.  I recently graduated from UNO and I know a lot of people with CS
degree's that are horrible programmers.  They can copy code, they can do
some math, but they just don't get it.  The proof is in the pudding.

I think a nice portfolio showing off your chops is a big asset in
interviews.

- John Hobbs

john at velvetcache.org

http://www.velvetcache.org/