[olug] Community Colo Project

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:25:46 UTC 2009

I know what you mean, it's definitely wise to keep a level head and not overload our circuits, so to speak.  That's why I think a cage and 20Mbps is the best combination of flexibility, expandability, and financial common sense.  The cage will allow us to accomodate all types of machines (Cabinets for rackmounts, baker racks for towers) to ensure that almost no one would get turned away.  The 20Mbps commit will keep costs low while giving us enough overhead to take in a lot of servers before we have to upgrade our uplink.  And let's be realistic, a leased office space isn't exactly a wise idea for a startup. ;)