[olug] Post your uptime...

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Sep 29 15:55:01 UTC 2008

I'm too anal about keeping current patch levels -- and upgrading
hardware -- to get decent uptimes.  Here's my firewall, which is
the longest-running box I have:

 10:50:32 up 134 days, 23:26,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00

That got reset when I replaced the batteries in its UPS this spring.
It has dual power supplies, so I suppose if I'd cared, I could have
played musical chairs with its two power cords to keep at least
one of them plugged into a live outlet at all times.  It wasn't worth
the hassle, since email gets queued and traffic to my web server is
pretty low after midnight.