[olug] OT: annoying bios!

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:59:49 UTC 2008

> Pardon my ignorance, but is the OpenBIOS an option here, or don't they
> support the Geode processors?  (Or would that level of change require a
> physical EEPROM replacement?)
>
> Dan

I recall looking at OpenBIOS a year or two ago due to debating an GeodeLX as
the next target platform.  I don't recall anything relating to the
GX1/GX/GXM with 5535 chipset.

I'm trying to look again, but oh my god is the openbios website gay as fuck.
 Talk about impossible to find documentation.

Hey, look, it's "CoreBoot" now.  Grrrr.

Looks to be listed as 'OK' in the v2 branch.  Hmmm.  I'll definitely have to
give it a check.  If it doesn't implement the closed source VSA's for video
and sound, this could proove difficult.  While the VSA isn't required after
our software is up and running, some of the initial setup relies on some of
the funky interrupt calls setup by BIOS...

Sadly, the PXE boot stuff is 'back burner' free time kind of deal.. might
not be until late in the week or worse... before I can attempt it.

-Will