[olug] twitter

John Hobbs john at velvetcache.org
Fri Sep 19 22:09:23 UTC 2008

I don't know what all the conversation was about (good or bad) but I just
recently 'rediscovered' Twitter.  I've been using it as a project to get
into KDE/Qt by making a kicker applet.

You can have a look at http://static.velvetcache.org/projects/kicktweet/ or
http://www.velvetcache.org/2008/09/18/kicktweet-or-creating-a-kde3-panel-appletfor
a brief run down, although my builds are out of date.

You'll want a version from SVN if you intend to try it, or just wait until
this evening when I can get a good version packaged.

I can assure anyone interested in using it can get excellent support as
needed :-)

- John Hobbs