[olug] Heard of "OnForce.com"?

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Mon Sep 15 02:24:05 UTC 2008

Dan Linder wrote:
> I just was pointed to OnForce.com (http://www.onforce.com).  They are a site
> to hire on-site technical support on an as-needed basis.  When I searched
> for people in the area, I got 30+ hits that were within the Omaha metro
> area.
> 'm thinking about suggesting this to a friend -- has anyone on the list ever
> worked with this site?  I'm interested in how payments are made (i.e.
> directly to the engineer when they come out, or paid through the OnForce
> site and then the engineer receives a check later).

Some of the amounts paid are absolutely horrible - I just looked through
and saw assist with swapping Cisco 6506 for 4 1/2 hours for $160. It's
probably a $100k switch and they want a $35/hour technician. Another one
to replace TV components taking 2 1/2 hours paying $70.

If you have a pretty open schedule and can click accept really fast it
would be a reasonable way to make a few $$ though. We do some
subcontracting through other similar groups for telephone work and you
generally get paid in 45-60 days.

dave

--
Dave Weis