[olug] MythTV and ripping "The Phantom Menace"

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Sep 11 04:41:42 UTC 2008

I've been ripping and trans-coding my DVD collection to my MythTV box with
good success until tonight.  I put in the DVD "Star Wars I - The Phantom
Menace" and it starts ripping the movie (just the movie, not the entire .ISO
image).  It gets about 33% done (on the bar-graph) and then the rip process
seems to die and the screen says "nothing being ripped or transcoded".

I've grepped through the various log files in /var/log, but can't find any
error mentioned.  Any suggestions as to how to debug this?

I can put the DVD in and watch the opening scenes so it should be decoded
correctly...

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal