[olug] Chrome

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Thu Sep 4 22:40:38 UTC 2008

My simple take....

SAAS / Managed Services.

Forget about all the cool stuff we have been talking about (what
rendering engine/ widget toolkit yada yada)
Look at this from the perspective of SAAS. Google has been on this SAAS
kick for a while now, and this is
just another entry point for them on the "client" side of the equation.
KIOSK with Chrome? sounds like a win-win
for them. I see a possible insider view of: Google apps replacing
<MS/Star/Open> Office and Chrome replacing
<insert your Fat Application> here.Make it run on anything, everything
is web based these days, and if you end
of owning both sides of the equation, think of the penetration you get.
Port it to Android, Port it to OSX, Port it
to Linux... who cares what OS you run, as long as the client side code
base is under your control, you can make it
truly cross-platform-device-etc...

</END COMMENTARY>