[olug] OT: Door games Was: Chrome

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:57:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:38 PM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com>wrote:

> I had no intention of attempting to write my own FOSSIL driver, so I
> went with existing APIs for writing door games, which primarily were
> in Pascal.

Mmmm BRE, LORD, Usurper.

I can't recall the name of what became the defacto FOSSIL driver under DOS.
 Did it start with a B ?

I do recall setting up a few BBS's and co-sysoping a few.  Renegade grew in
popularity quickly in the Pensacola, FL region.  There were a couple other
free ones that were popular (maximus or something ? v2.14 or something ?
think Pro Board was free ? high version number like 15 or so ?).  Think
there were only 3 in the area that ran a commercial backend.  Wonder if I
still have the floppy backup of my old fave BBS setup :).

/me shudders at the thought of logging into a dozen different BBS's and
having to sit through the same god damn annoying Foxworthy joke each time
with the same infernal red background.

-Will