[olug] Chrome

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:10:17 UTC 2008

> single user still using it.  They're actually letting me dual-boot at
> work right now, but we have so many damned proprietary weird apps for

We're getting close to the point where a lot of clients (? fellows ?
something like that) use Vista on their notebooks and similar.  As such,
debugging some of our tools remotely on their systems is a slight pain.
 I've been seriously thinking about getting a dedicated vista box or perhaps
stuffing vista in a vmware-esque system (if its possible) to see if it can
help things go smoother.  Then the question becomes what flavor of vista to
install... due to not knowing what the differences between everything is.
 If Ultimate allows multiple installs of itself with different flavors, etc
.. that might be an option.

I'd hate to fork out possibly a grand or more just for testing platforms of
a product we'll never actually use in house.

-Will