[olug] Chrome

Adam Lassek adam at doubleprime.net
Wed Sep 3 22:09:48 UTC 2008

Man does that come off as sour grapes :)
The technology in Chrome is a big deal. Process separation between tabs,
V8's performance and precise GC, and strict sandboxing (not to mention
Gears) are huge strides in making web apps first-class desktop applications.
Or were you happy with the IE-only ActiveX days? I still get a chill down my
spine when I think about Siebel.

This isn't the nineties anymore, a lot of companies are run on web-based
applications.