[olug] Chrome

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 21:47:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Andrew Embury <drazak at ingenii.com> wrote:
> Crashes on Startup for me on a Vista machine I've never had an issue with :(

I know a great fix for that, and it only takes about 5 seconds.  It is
called fdisk.

Clears that Vista problem right up!  We got Vista at work, and that
got formatted right away.  Even the strongest Microsoft apologists
refused to use it for more than a month.  I don't think we have a
single user still using it.  They're actually letting me dual-boot at
work right now, but we have so many damned proprietary weird apps for
a variety of systems that I basically only use Windows at work.  Maybe
someday I'll fight to get more of those apps working in Wine.

More seriously, I'd pull up process explorer and take a look at what
is going on.  I'm also assuming you've rebooted.  There are plenty of
users using it with Vista 32-bit and 64-bit just fine.  There is
likely a bug with your specific config.  Isolating that bug and
reporting it would be the nice thing to do.

-- T. J.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
--Douglas Adams
"Nihilism makes me smile."
--Christopher Quick