[olug] OT: evil poll

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Thu Oct 30 16:07:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:12 AM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Statistics are a very complicated field.  Actuaries don't base
> insurance policies on the fact that the average life span is 75 years.
>  They look at several conditions that apply to you specifically to get
> a better idea of how long you might live.

Yep.  But I'm not an actuary, so I go with what I've got. ;-)

> It is a bit of an oversimplification to say that McCain statistically
> is going to die soon, because it overlooks certain factors.

Absolutely.  Everything I said should be taken with a grain of salt
and the knowledge that it's based on my opinion.  I consider McCain's
age and health to be a serious concern, especially in light of his VP
selection.  Someone else may be more or less worried about the
probability of his death, and that's cool too.

To each their own. ;-)

--
Christopher