[olug] OT: evil poll

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 00:56:08 UTC 2008

wow, look what happened here!

just remember everyone.
*non of this matters without open-source voting software.*

elections are purchased, not only in our hearts and minds, but also with a
checkbook.

if you don't think it was purchased in 2000, i don't know what to say to
you.

if you don't believe it was stolen in 2004, then check out the 200,000
digital photos of tampered-with ohio ballots. against a court order, the
state election board destroyed the ballots, but only after every one of them
had been photographed. for some reason the media stays away from
controversial topics such as this.

now just think of the digital fraud when you have no ballot paper trail to
follow. especially when you have ES&S and the like running the show. all you
have to do is comprimise the tabulator for samba access (windows machine!)
and change the database file in access (or openoffice). worse yet, you could
just sell the FTP password to the highest bidder.

as long as the whole tabulation process is controlled by a few corrupted
groups, you will never have true democracy. one other key to a functioning
democracy is good mainstream journalism, one thing that is in short supply.
i'm going to stop commenting here