[olug] OT: evil poll

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 00:22:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Craig Wolf <cjwolf at mpsomaha.org> wrote:

> I firmly believe that this country is going to hell in a hand basket
> quickly.  I have started to consider what other country in the world I could
> handle living in because of the direction we are headed.  Don't get me
> wrong, I love my country, I did 10 years in the military, and maintain my
> flag on my house BUT I do NOT believe the the rich leaders we have, have us
> in their hearts.  I see power hungry, greedy individuals that just need me
> for one day every 4 years to get their rocks off.  That includes BOTH
> parties.

I'm only 30, but I've lived in 3 different countries and visited several
others.  I don't think any other country can hold a candle to ours, IMHO.
I'd describe my views as a mix of Reagan Republicanism and old school
Federalists (which, for those rusty on history, were *not* for big federal
gov't as the name might imply).

I've heard people that the left/right leaning sways back and forth... etc
etc etc ... but I think that's a load of hogwash :).  It's ebbed left for a
very long time.

If you're willing to fore-go personal firearms, Australia or New Zealand
might be an interesting choice.  They have some very Left leaning mind sets
that are prevalent in the USA, though.

TJ:
>> And all the other Marines used to rave about the women in Australia

I, for one, have a strong dislike for asian women, which might have been
their focus.

-Will