[olug] OT: evil poll

Craig Wolf cjwolf at mpsomaha.org
Thu Oct 30 00:21:10 UTC 2008

Why are they not invited, because they would have an opinion.  They would have made the 2 parties actually talk about real issues and MAYBE develop a real plan for helping this country versus the quick fix that will make things worse in the long run.  The media is so twisted one way or the other they do not want to piss off the person they support BUT don't want to look like they stand behind one.  What do you think would have happened if Nader or Ron had been invited to one of the debates?  The party candidates would have found an excuse to back out and then the debate would have been canceled.  The networks would have whined about it and just made things worse.

I too looked at this year with disgust until I decided that if I am going to vote, I have to NOT vote for the lesser of 2 evils.  Not that either of them are actually evil...

Sam Tetherow wrote:
> For those not voting for McCain or Obama, I'm curious about your
> reasoning.  Obviously your candidate will not win, do you still vote for
> them because you are trying to send a message to those running for
> office that there is support for their ideas or do you refuse to vote
> for someone you don't support?
>
> For the record I'm voting McCain.
>
>     Sam Tetherow
>     Sandhills Wireless

I feel like I can vote with a clean conscience by writing in Ron Paul.
T.J. Brumfield's comments on the candidates matches up pretty close to
my views, so that explains why I will vote for neither.  Before I
decided to vote for Ron Paul, I was pretty depressed about the whole
election - I felt like I would be voting for the best of two very bad
choices (I would have voted for McCain BTW).

The two party system sucks!  Why couldn't the debates be open to more
people, like Nader and Paul and some others that have a strong
following.  These guys are so down to earth and logical, I think it
would have really contrasted with all the non-answers that were spewed
during the debate.

-Ryan