[olug] OT: evil poll

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 23:35:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:44 PM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com>wrote:

> Explaining why isn't a sin.  People can express differing opinions
> without there being an argument.

With the on-going and over-tired topic typically overflowing in flame wars
and only rare rational independent thought, I figured it would be best to
avoid any 'reasoning' parts to the thread... and to simply get a rough idea
of how olug'ers were going to vote.

Even if there were to be rational enlightened discussion, I would imagine a
fair amount of us would be tired of it by now :).  Thus, while in general
expressing the reasons for a decision are generally a good thing - for the
interest of simply finding out who people were going to vote for without all
the sludge (non-negative connotation) in between.... reasoning followed by
the debate were in high hopes to be avoided :).

And, it's been a struggle to not include my reasonings or make counter
points to any of the issues raised here, your post in particular has me
itchin' to :).

Sam:
>> am surprised at the lack of Obama support on the list though.  The tech
>> field usually tends so far to the left.

That was actually my primary reason for the initial 'futility exercise'
comment in the original post :).  Our regionality and perhaps being actual
working people might make a difference, tho...

TJ:
>> ... 'RP is Libertarian' ..

I imagine many of his supporters are foaming at the mouth :).  He's a
traditional Republican.  You could probably also compare him to the
Federalists of old as well.

Ryan:
>> election - I felt like I would be voting for the best of two very bad
>> choices (I would have voted for McCain BTW).
C'mon, the "lesser of two evils" is a very common thread over the last 15
years or so of voting :).

-Will