[olug] OT: evil poll

Jennifer Frasier wookieburgers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 22:21:20 UTC 2008

Obama. I've been decided since he announced he was running. Even though I
like Dennis Kucinich better, I'm well aware he can't be considered a serious
candidate.

In my Psychology class, I read that they did a study on people to see if
they could determine the outcome of a political race from just looking at
pictures of the candidates. They used pictures of candidates from races the
test subjects could not possibly have known the outcome of (critical
thinking begs the question of how they determined that). I wish I still had
my Pyschology book so I could tell you the exact findings, but I remember
that I was shocked by the amount of instances in which the subjects picked
the correct candidate. So for all the talk of issues, voting records, etc,
it still all just comes down to looks.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Will Langford <unfies at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Kevin Hinze <kevinhinze at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Admittedly it will be tough to ask the public for their baseline decision
> > on
> > an issue so important and divisive as politics without expecting there to
> > be
> > some rationalization. It's politics, after all. :)
> >

> I'm actually a RP supporter, even donated to his campaign.  Not a
> foaming-at-the-mouth zealot like a lot of his followers are, however.
> Although I don't particularly like him and give McCain a 1 in 5 chance to
> win, if I didn't find Obama so distasteful, I'd be much more willing to
> write in RP.
>
> Will one man make that big of a difference ?  Does the Pres truly matter
> that much ?  I dunno, I guess I'll debate that over the next few days and
> figure out if I feel like writing in RP or stick with my original decision
> heh.  Does a RP write in really make a difference ? I dunno :).
>
> And I tried to keep 'why' out of this, although the 'distasteful' bit kinda
> breaks that :(
>
> -Will

I can't level because there are too many zombies.