[olug] [OT] Small Office Switch Recomendation

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Thu Oct 23 02:45:03 UTC 2008

HP switches are awesome, but I don't recall right off hand if the
web-managed switches support MAC ACLs - the fully-managed higher-end
ones do.

I have experience with the Linksys "managed" switches as well. Avoid
them like the plague. Those Linksys "managed" switches are unmanageable
if you don't have IE6; the only thing the console port is useful for is
setting the switch's IP address, ditto for the telnet interface.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us