[olug] Mailing Lists bouncing on cox address

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 16:59:26 UTC 2008

Slightly off topic, but Cox blocks port 25 for access to anything but
Cox's email service.  I was trying to set up my mom's new Linux
desktop to use Kmail for her Yahoo account, and her Pureromance
account.  Neither provide an alternate port for email.  Cox kept
telling me I could send mail with those email addresses, but it has to
go through Cox's server.  However, they said they couldn't provide
instructions how to do this.

Anyone know how to configure Kmail to send through Cox?

-- T. J.