[olug] Keeping digital backup copies [Was: DVD Ripping]

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:04:33 UTC 2008

> I would not put it past the *IAA mafia to start going after folks who rip
> & sell - they are already documented that they want us to purchase the
> digital version instead of ripping our own.

Oh fuck yeah they'd eventually get to it if they had the resources to.

They've already complained, whined, and done similar with people who rent
ass loads of movies from the 'unlimited per month' plans .... that rent,
rip, return over and over and over and over.  Which, if you're into pirated
stuff, that's a dream come true heh.

-Will