[olug] HPGL viewer?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Wed Oct 1 02:22:18 UTC 2008

> There is a community edition of qcad:
> ftp://anonymous:[email protected]/archives/qcad/qcad-2.0.5.0-1-community.src.tar.gz
>
> I don't know what's disabled...

I can't remember the differences off the top of my head, but since I
merely need to inspect the HPGL output and not edit it, the communitiy
version is fine.  Unfortunately, I've been unable to get it to compile.
I don't have root on my work machine, which runs Ubuntu DAPPER (yes, 6.10),
so getting the necessary patches has been a struggle.

Any other suggestions?  Has anybody actually used it (or another) can
can verify first hand that it's good before I waste an entire day
trying to get it to run?