[olug] Ubuntu losing network

Larry Walls larry.walls at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 02:49:46 UTC 2008

Another update and thanks again to everyone.  I am just keeping one set of
things tried:

Moved to another port on the switch, same issue.
Changed the patch cable, same issue.  Although I did realize I was connected
via Cat5 at GB speed so I swapped the patch cable for Cat 6.  Still same
issue.
Booted from LiveCD and have not had the issue again.  I will let it run
overnight just to make sure but so far so good (or bad as the case may be).
Ethtool reports both are set to autonegotiate (basically gave me the same
report as the sample provided).