[olug] Ubuntu losing network

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Tue Nov 25 16:49:41 UTC 2008

I don't know if this is much help but we have numerous servers with
weird networking issues and we've only had some success by changing the
network cables.  We don't know if it's our switch, its blade (the ports)
or the connecting cables from the blade to the patch panel, but changing
out the network cable from the patch panel to the machine has helped
with many of our 'weird', hard to understand networking issues.  Moving
servers to other patch panels has also helped.

Perhaps try a new network cable at least?  Look for switch problems?

Maybe I should have just kept quiet (as usual)...
Carl Lundstedt
UNL