[olug] Advice on a new rig

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 15:55:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Craig Wolf <CJWolf at mpsomaha.org> wrote:
> I built a new rig in June due to a blown MB.  I went with an Intel quad-core after seeing a 25% power savings on it alone

The new Deneb procs will be built on a 45nm fab process with either a
95W or 125W TDP which should be fairly close to the Intel Penryn line.
 Not to mention any time your under-utilize a new proc, it should step
down the voltage and save you some power.

-- T. J.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
--Douglas Adams
"Nihilism makes me smile."
--Christopher Quick