[olug] Can't use Ctrl+C on my VPS

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Wed Nov 19 22:14:44 UTC 2008

Will Langford wrote:
> s&g - from putty try typing in alt 003.  Hold alt and type 003 and release
> alt.  I'm not sure if this by passes anything that's hunting for a ctrl-c
> combination... it should send the ctrl-c character code to your putty
> window, but in other applications it doesn't activate the windows clipboard
> stuff.

Alt + 003 doesn't do anything.  If I do Alt + 123 I get an "{", so that
method of entering characters is working, but the 003 does nothing.
> When you attempted to ssh from another machine - were you doing so through
> putty -> other machine -> vps or ?  If you were, does ctrl-c work in this
> other host ?

Yes I was using putty to the first Linux box, I should have mentioned
that.  And yes Ctrl+C does work on there.

I may just have to open a ticket with the hosting provider, but I doubt
they'd have a clue.

-Ryan