[olug] Web Host Opinion Poll

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 19:42:26 UTC 2008

no experience with, but: $8.25 / month vps, 50gb transfer, 3gb storage,
128mb ram (ie: small time) <http://insaneshells.info/>

http://insaneshells.info/

no experience with, but: $40 / month vps, 25% guarunteed %50% burst CPU,
512mb ram, 50gb storage, 10mbit unmetered

http://serveraxis.com/vps.php

And for what I use for more serious stuff.  $100 (5mbit), $150 (10mbit)
unmetered (although uses some kind of flex95% thing for bandwidth stuff so
your throughput will be higher), quad core 2ghz, 2gb ram, 500gb raid1, and
the ability to ssh to a serial gateway for 'oh shit' situations, and I've
not had any down time in the last 8 months:

http://take2hosting.com/

$30 month, amd 2000+, 256mb hd, 40gb hd, 200gb traffic.  i had them for
about a year, very little down time.  company is acceptable to work with.
 Doesn't suit my needs anymore, though:

http://www.serverpronto.com/

The same company that runs serverpronto (infolink) also runs colopronto for
colocation.

1U of space, 500GB of traffic, 100mbit connection, 3 IP's, $30 a month:

http://colopronto.com/

For shared hosting:. $60/year, 375gb space, 5TB traffic/month, and seem to
offer alot of 'features':

http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/website-hosting.shtml?host_shared-hosting

-Will