[olug] Fedora 10?

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 14:52:20 UTC 2008

I have to throw my 2¢ in.

At home (and at work) I use redhat/fedora exclusively and have for many
years now.
My kids 6th grade -> adults all grew up on it, ( I wouldn't allow windoze in
my house ).

I guess you could say I'm a redhat/fedora advocate, (ok ok fanboy).

I think you should give fedora 9 a test drive just to see what you think.
I have tried  Ubuntu and found myself thinking 'that's it? what's the big
deal'.
I won't even start on my suse distaste.

I also find personally that gnome seems to have a more polished look and
feel than KDE.

The one compromise we make is the Nvidia binary drivers. Binary sux but they
work, and in the end, its just gotta work or its useless.
FC9 is also running on my PVR (myth) and works flawlessly.

Ultimately, linux is all about freedom of choice. You get to choose whatever
you like, and in the end, you stick with whatever feels best.

I would encourage anyone to try a lot of distros, they all have lots to
offer, just for sanity's sake please wipe windoze off that thing ASAP!