[olug] samba headache in ubuntu 8.04 laptop

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:10:03 UTC 2008

hmmm. interesting....

i'm not a fan of novell, but i do have a Suse desktop.
it does work great with my samba servers, but i'd like something a bit
smoother.
my laptop only runs at 1.4ghz/512mb/40gb, and the new suse would be a little
overbearing i think.

right now i'm thinking about trying the new mandriva 2009.
i've got ubuntu grabbing the iso as we speak.
it's like getting fired, right after you train your replacement.