[olug] OT: evil poll - Thread closure - do NOT post on this subject

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Sun Nov 2 21:54:37 UTC 2008

I am not going to entertain a debate as to why or why not there is a
need to kill an off topic thread having over 80 posts. Regardless of the
topic, or anyone's opinions, this is simply too many posts for an
off-topic thread. There are plenty of other venues to discuss these
topics. The Omaha Linux User Group mailing list is not one of them.
While the FAQ does not specifically limit the amount of [OT] that is
acceptable, I believe it is in the best interest to the group to end
this thread. It is unfortunate that I did not catch this one a few days
ago, and I apologize to those members that have sent email to the list
admins (and me directly) asking for moderation.

http://www.olug.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=25