[olug] Terminal Settings for Catalyst Routers

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri May 23 14:57:39 UTC 2008

> On Fri, May 23, 2008 03:31, Dan Clough wrote:
>> I've got a Cisco Catalyst 4006 (Supervisor II) that doesn't want to play
>> nice with any terminals I've hooked up to it.
>
> Are you using the Cisco "approved" terminal cable?

I just asked our router guy here, and he confirmed that there is a
special cable used for these.  They come with every router, but I'm
betting you got yours used.  The new ones are baby blue cables with
a female DB9 on one end and an RJ45 on the other end.  They use
standard 9600-8N1 settings.

I've got one of those cables sitting next to me that you can have
if you want it.  I'm in Lincoln, so you'll either need to arrange
transportation or pay for shipping.