[olug] Damn Small Linux install on WYSE thin client

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Mon May 19 01:53:23 UTC 2008

i've never made it to an installfest, but i'd really like to see what it's
about. i have thought about going to one for a while.
if i don't get this figured out by the next one, i'd be honored to bring a
couple in to mess around with.

i've tried using a compactflash reader to access the CF card, but as the
first poster mentioned, they are either locked or have some wierd format.
there is no write-protect switch on it, it may be permenantly write
protected for all i know.
one hope on this front is finding a 64 MB CF that is not locked and putting
a bootloader on it. there is the grim possibility that it will not boot
anyhow if the CF is not locked to the key the mobo provides.
i.e. i may have to lock the replacement before using it...that would suck.

when the compact flash is attached to my workstation....
linux, in general, crawls with it attached. windows explorer crawls with it
attached.
i can't access it in windows "please insert disc", i can not mount it in
linux (PHLAK).

do you think there might be a BIOS configuration to enter on boot of the
thinclient?
that may allow me to tinker with boot sequence/options.