[olug] DDOS attack on my Inbox. Spam "from me" being rejected

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Thu May 15 19:42:56 UTC 2008

It's very easy to fight - place SPF entries in your DNS records.

SPF is the best solution because any decent mailserver will recognize that
the spammer's mailserver isn't authorized to send mail for jays.net, and
will reject the message in question.  Here's a good BIND-based setup to
start with:

jays.net	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 mx:jays.net ~all"

Dan