[olug] [OT] - Google positions filled in Coucil Bluffs?

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Thu May 15 14:50:13 UTC 2008

That's a pretty wide statement, but I guess I should explain the premise of
the questioning a little better ;-) I am curious about the pre-existing local
talent pool and what the effects Google may have on it. I am by no means against
the recuitment of best talent and movement into the community, Ive done it
myself from both ends of that statement. Economic stimulus is
good no matter how you slice it. But there is something to be said about sheer net
gain on total number of high-end technical jobs and their effect on the local
employment scene. That's really what I am curious about... John Doe left
Ameritrade to work for Google and Jane Doe transfered into John's position
from First National.